I’ve been blogging for over a year now and I’m incredibly thankful for those who know me outside of the blogosphere and follow and for all of you who know me only from across the keyboard. I share little gems about myself scattered throughout my posts, but I thought today I would get personal share some random facts about myself including what keeps me going with this crazy blog business I started a year ago.
“I feel like I just pulled the curtain on Oz!” my friend said when I showed her the tiny spare bathroom, that I shoot my videos in and share with my cat. Sorry no photo of the spare bathroom. There’s luggage in the shower, a catbox and a tiny tripod on the sink where I also keep most of my excess beauty products.
Yes, most of this came from the counter of the bathroom in our spare bedroom.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:45 a.m. It wasn’t pretty either, but I’m working out or blogging before my 7am nursing shift.
2. Do you have any pets? These two adorable munchkins. I spend a great deal of time getting these two to try to become close. Snuggling like this usually lasts just until I back away with the camera and then they split. Doesn’t stop me from trying. It may be time to have actual children.
3. Best toy as a child? My big baby doll, whom I would regularly dress in my own clothes and I nearly cried when my sister played connect the dots on her freckles and my mom put her in the washer. I took her to all of my childhood surgeries and slept on her as a pillow until I was too old to admit.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I’m pretty happy living right where I am, but I would love to live in a big city like New York or LA.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Breakfast burrito. The hospital makes the best breakfast burritos, so I allow myself one a week. They are far to good to swear off all together.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I’m not sure I have just one. I love Mexican, Thai, Italian, Peruvian, and I’d really like to try Ethiopian- any suggestions on dishes or locations in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area?
8. What foods do you dislike? Cucumber and Tomato, but I’m trying to force myself to like them. I sent my husband this video last week while I was cooking and drinking wine. P.S. I did fix my nail after dinner.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Too many to choose from. Fortunately, Scottsdale has a lot to offer in the food scene. I keep a running list of all my favorite places in my phone.
10. Do you work out? Pure Barre, any chance I can. Barre so hard!
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? SUV
12. What are your favorite clothes? Seriously?
13. Have you ever ridden on an elephant? Yes
15. Embarrassing childhood moment? I once got stuck in a movie theatre chair that folded up on me. I was a small child!
16. Last person you went to dinner with? A nursing friend.
17. Where were you born? At home. My dad delivered me too!
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Hockey. Blackhawks all the way!
19. How many siblings? 1 brother and 2 sisters
20.Favorite pastime/hobby: Designing clothes, but maybe one day it will be more than just a hobby! Last Summer, I tried my hand at designing a swimsuit for our honeymoon. Not going to lie, it wasn’t easy and I haven’t made one since, but it was a fun process.
21. Have you ever panhandled for money? No, but I once had to trade a kid a hug for a sandwich in college because I was out of cash and didn’t have my wallet on me. Typical me thing to do.
22. First job? Short order cook.
23. Tattoos? None yet. Maybe one day I’ll have the urge.
24. Do you have any pets? These two adorable munchkins
25. Greatest moment of your life? No description needed…
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Paleontologist, I was obsessed with Dinosaurs!
27. Play any sports in high school? Soccer, Volleyball, and Pole Vault
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Don’t make me choose!
29. Are you married? Yes
30. What keeps you going? I keep blogging because of the feedback I receive. I started the blog on a whim. I was reading a magazine article about bloggers and then I looked at their sites. I realized that if I were going to do this, I’d do it differently and share my own voice. I asked myself, what’s stopping you? Nothing. So I did it. I have received so much positive feedback that I feel like I have to keep going. I have goals of one day turning it into something bigger, but that’s in the future. Day to day, I feel rewarded when someone tells me that I’ve helped them feel more confident with their beauty routine or fashion sense. I love hearing what questions and concerns my readers share and finding solutions for them. I’m out there as a young adult in a sea of fashion bloggers and the saturated world of instagram and youtube tutorials trying to figure out this thing we call fashion.