Kid friendly rugs were hard to find when I was shopping nursery decor and redecorating our home and what I did find wasn’t cute. Let’s face it, nothing about “kid friendly” decor screams sexy or sophisticated.
I redecorated our home earlier this year, while I was pregnant. I knew I would be sharing our space with a little mischief-maker, but I didn’t want our home to look like he ran the place.
Kid friendly rugs were probably the most difficult item to find. If I liked it, the reviews didn’t support using it in a family space. One rug that I actually purchased and later returned had reviews that read, “Sheds fibers so badly, it isn’t safe for a baby’s room” and “I tried to spot clean it once and ruined the whole thing.” I liked the look of it, but I couldn’t keep it for the nursery.
Lorena Canals PR people reached out to me and offered me a rug in return for my review. Ok sure, I was ready to give up and I was DONE looking for rugs. The heavy rug I returned had to be lugged by my lovely husband to work and then to a UPS store on his lunch hour, way too much trouble. I figured I would just keep whatever they sent me and deal with it. Turns out, Lorena Canals kid friendly rugs are remarkably stylish and legit kid friendly. I absolutely love mine.
What Makes for Kid Friendly Rugs?
- Rugs and cushions are all machine-washable. He can play, explode his diaper, spit up and, when he’s older, make all kinds of messes get without getting himself into too much trouble.
- Super soft material makes my baby comfy for play time. I noticed that he enjoys playtime more on his LC Rug than anywhere else in the house. Not kidding, his LC rug beats out play mats and every other rug in the house for floor play time. I once came home to a note from our nanny letting me know that she’s noticed he likes to do tummy time in his nursery on his rug. It really is that noticeable.
What Makes Lorena Canals Rugs Mom Friendly?
- Rugs and cushions fit into a standard washer and dryer. I have already washed and dried mine once and it came out looking fab. Bring on the messes kiddo, mama’s ready!
- Crazy stylish home collection is for adult spaces and sophisticated kids rooms. I’m already thinking of updating the other rugs in the house. When worry-free decor is this chic, I’m all in.
- Loved by top celebs and picked by Vogue as top baby product for celebrity nurseries. Yes, they’re that amazing. I’m the only one who will truly appreciate his nursery decor for at least a few more years, so it should make me happy too.
- All natural dyes, handmade, eco and contain no VOCs like most carpeting and rugs. I can trust that toys will go from the rug to his mouth and back without harm. There’s enough for moms to worry about. Keeping every single thing that comes off the floor from going in the kid’s mouth is not a realistic goal.
- Proceeds support the Sakula project, and provide schooling for children in India. As though I needed to feel better about this purchase. We try to go to India every couple of years to visit family and it’s always nice to give back.
Shop Lorena Canals’ Kid Friendly Rugs:
Click the pic to shop!