I show a lot of love to short girls on the blog because I’m very short, so naturally, I have more tricks to make myself look taller.
Today’s post goes out to all my tall friends. I hear you! 😉
Styling the long torso properly can leave you balanced and confident. Let me first say that I love to see a tall confident woman. I had tall friends when I was young who would stoop over to be closer to my height and it made them look insecure and awkward. Embrace your shape! Love your body and balance it.
Break these rulse when you want to!
Style is merely a series of tricks to help you present the best version of yourself. The best version of you is the version that is happy and confident.
How to style the long torso:
- Tops with necklines and shoulder details that draw the eye up.
- Prints and interesting details should be on the top half of the body to draw the eye up.
- Jackets that end at the hipbone or higher.
- Tucked in shirts.
- Mid to high waisted pants.
- Shoes that blend in with pants to elongate the legs.
- Boot Cut and Flared pants.
- Wearing heels.
- Medium to large width belts.
- Short skirts and shorts to elongate the legs.
- Avoid Bermuda shorts and proportions that divide your legs in half, for example light colored pants with dark knee high boots seen here.
- Dark pants in general will lengthen the legs.
- Avoid tops that are too long.
Let’s see how these tricks work:
The gorgeous Olivia Wilde is my muse for this post. You can see in the photo below that her legs appear a little on the short side. She is however, absolutely stunning and has impeccable style.
Her use of a scarf draws the eye to it. I even missed her baby bump in the picture at first glance.
The short jacket shortens her torso and lengthens her legs.
Placement of the print high on the top draws the eye up. The length of the top is perfect; it ends right where her pants begin.
Plunging neckline and lace draw the eye up in the picture below. The high waistline also shortens the torso.
Details at the high waist details draw the eye up. Her shoes are also styled well. The barely there shoe lengthens the ankle and lower leg showing. If she’d worn something more like a pump, her lower leg would have been divided proportionally and appear shorter.
The black boots below blend with Olivia’s pants and give her extra leg length.
The belted dress below is a great example of using a belt to shorten the torso. Imagine if she had no belt. Would her waistline look the same?
Hopefully you have some ideas for your next trip to the mall.